Author Topic: Internet connection - ethernet or wifi  (Read 150 times)

biasbowler

• View Profile
Internet connection - ethernet or wifi
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »
I am having trouble with my internet connection. The box will connect  via Ethernet or WiFi but after being on for 6o mins the connection speed slows down. If I reboot the box the connection will be good again. Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks

seeknom

• View Profile
Re: Internet connection - ethernet or wifi
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 12:57:29 PM »
I just bought mine 2 days ago and I'm having the same issue. When everything is ok, running speedtest on my H8 Lite shows ~45Mbps download and ~10Mbps upload. However the connection randomly slows down (not sure what the trigger is) and when I check the speed, I'm getting about ~1.5Mpbs download (upload is still at ~10Mbps though). Other devices in my house on the same network continue to operate at ~45Mbps so my router seems ok. And, it's not just a false reading by speedtest, when this happens streaming is really poor and play store downloads are slow as molasses.

I don't know if it's a hardware or software issue, but I'm trying to determine whether to return the box to the store. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

As for the details of my box, it's an H8 Lite and the software is up to date. I'm not at home right now to check the exact version, but it's running whatever the latest is from the OTA servers (when I first booted it, I clicked on the OTA app, it reported there was an update, so I installed it).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:00:46 PM by seeknom »